What was the most visited park in 2015?
Blue Ridge Parkway
National parks saw their highest visitation ever in 2015, with more than 307 million recreational visits….Most-Visited Places in the National Park System.
|Park Site||Number of Visitors|
|1.||Blue Ridge Parkway||15,054,603|
|2.||Golden Gate National Recreation Area||14,888,537|
What is the number 1 visited national park?
Coming in at the top spot with a whopping 12.1 million visits, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the country’s most-visited national park. Crossing North Carolina and Tennessee, this park is known for its wildlife, waterfalls, and fog-covered mountains.
What is the hardest national park to visit?
National Parks That Are the Hardest to See
- Gates of the Arctic National Park & Preserve (Alaska)
- Death Valley National Park (California)
- Dry Tortugas National Park (Florida)
- Virgin Islands National Park (US Virgin Islands)
- Isle Royale National Park (Michigan)
- Haleakalā National Park (Maui, Hawaii)
What was the least visited national park in 2020?
Gates Of The Arctic National Park And Preserve
Gates Of The Arctic National Park And Preserve, Alaska The least visited national park in the United States in 2020 was Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve, with just 2,872 visitors. Gates of the Arctic in northern Alaska also held this honor in 2019 — but then it had 10,518 visitors.
What are the top 3 most visited national parks?
Top 10 national parks
- Grand Canyon National Park: 4.53 million.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: 4.43 million.
- Acadia National Park: 4.06 million.
- Grand Teton National Park: 3.88 million.
- Yosemite National Park: 3.28 million.
- Indiana Dunes National Park: 3.17 million.
- Glacier National Park: 3.08 million.
What are the two most visited national parks?
25 Most Visited Parks in 2021
|1||Blue Ridge Parkway||15.9 million|
|2||Great Smoky Mountains National Park||14.1 million|
|3||Golden Gate National Recreation Area||13.7 million|
|4||Gateway National Recreation Area||9.1 million|
What is the smallest national park?
Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas Hot Springs is the smallest of the 61 national parks in the country. The Arkansas park is so small — just 5,550 acres — that it could fit into Wrangell-St.
Whats the most boring national park?
They say these are the worst parks, the most boring parks, or just plain old wastes of time.
- Arches. Arches National Park | jose1983/iStock/Getty Images.
- Badlands. Badlands National Park | Wirepec/iStock/Getty Images.
- Death Valley.
- Gates of the Arctic.
- Grand Canyon.
What is the ugliest national park?
America’s worst national parks
- Congaree National Park, South Carolina. (iStock)
- Gates of The Arctic, Alaska. Blue Icy Portage Glacier Mountain Anchorage Alaska The blue is from the glacier. (
- Badlands, South Dakota. (iStock)
- Wind Cave, South Dakota. (iStock)
- Death Valley, California and Nevada. (iStock)
Which national park gets the most visitors?
What is considered the most beautiful national park?
8 of the Most Beautiful National Parks in North America
- Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is truly aptly named.
- Yosemite National Park.
- Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Zion National Park.
- Jasper National Park.
- Yellowstone National Park.
- Olympic National Park.
What is the most beautiful national park in the United States?
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming Home to the largest group of geysers in the world – of which Old Faithful is a definite must-see – this area contains over two million acres (810,000ha) of incredible landscape, including alpine lakes, waterfalls, canyons, forests and mountains.
What state has no national park?
Delaware is the only state in the country that does not have anational park, national monument, national historic site or anyother unit of the National Park Service.
What is America’s least visited national park?
Gates of the Arctic National Park & Preserve
The least visited of the 63 national parks, Gates of the Arctic National Park & Preserve, contains no roads or trails and visitors must fly or hike into the park, according to the National Park Service.
What is the lamest national park?
The five worst national parks in America are Gateway Arch, Hot Springs, Congaree, Indiana Dunes and Mammoth Cave. If you’re looking for a great National Park experience, go somewhere else.