What was nominated for Best Picture in 2017?
Hacksaw Ridge and Manchester by the Sea won two awards each with Casey Affleck winning Best Actor for the latter. Viola Davis won the Best Supporting Actress honor for Fences….
|89th Academy Awards|
|Most awards||La La Land (6)|
|Most nominations||La La Land (14)|
|TV in the United States|
What pictures were nominated for Best Picture in 1981?
- Ordinary People. Ronald L. Schwary, Producer.
- Coal Miner’s Daughter. Bernard Schwartz, Producer.
- The Elephant Man. Jonathan Sanger, Producer.
- Raging Bull. Irwin Winkler and Robert Chartoff, Producers.
- Tess. Claude Berri, Producer; Timothy Burrill, Co-Producer.
Which film won the 1980 Academy Award for the Best Picture?
Kramer vs. Kramer
The 52nd Academy Awards were presented April 14, 1980, at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion in Los Angeles….
|52nd Academy Awards|
|Produced by||Howard W. Koch|
|Directed by||Marty Pasetta|
|Best Picture||Kramer vs. Kramer|
What movies did Argo beat for Best Picture?
Argo won three awards, including Best Picture, the first film to win an Academy Award for Best Picture without its director nominated since Driving Miss Daisy….Films with multiple nominations and awards.
|4||Life of Pi|
Who gave out the wrong Oscar?
After receiving a rousing hurrah from the crowd, Jordan Horowitz, a La La Land producer, took the mike, waving one finger in the air and saying, “Sorry, guys, hold on. There’s a mistake. Moonlight, you guys won best picture.
How did they announce the wrong Best Picture?
It was the gasp heard ’round the world: a sharp, near-simultaneous intake of breath from the audience at the Dolby Theatre after La La Land producer Jordan Horowitz stopped his colleagues’ acceptance speeches to make this announcement: “There’s a mistake. Moonlight, you guys won Best Picture.”
What was the 1989 best picture nominee?
Ten days earlier, in a ceremony held at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, the Academy Awards for Technical Achievement were presented by host Angie Dickinson….
|61st Academy Awards|
|Best Picture||Rain Man|
|Most awards||Rain Man (4)|
|Most nominations||Rain Man (8)|
|TV in the United States|
What movies were nominated for best picture in 1983?
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial – John Williams
- Gandhi – Ravi Shankar and George Fenton.
- An Officer and a Gentleman – Jack Nitzsche.
- Poltergeist – Jerry Goldsmith.
- Sophie’s Choice – Marvin Hamlisch.
What movies were nominated for best picture in 1979?
- The Deer Hunter. Barry Spikings, Michael Deeley, Michael Cimino and John Peverall, Producers.
- Coming Home. Jerome Hellman, Producer.
- Heaven Can Wait. Warren Beatty, Producer.
- Midnight Express. Alan Marshall and David Puttnam, Producers.
- An Unmarried Woman. Paul Mazursky and Tony Ray, Producers.
Who won the Oscars in the 1980s?
Dustin HoffmanBest ActorSally FieldBest ActressRay StarkIrving G. Thalberg Memorial AwardA Little RomanceBest Original ScoreMeryl StreepBest Supporting ActressMelvyn DouglasBest Supporting Actor
52nd Academy Awards/Winners
Is Argo based on a true story?
For starters, “Argo” is centered around real events and people. The movie’s basic premise is based on a real mission that the Canadian government and the CIA undertook.
Did Argo win Academy Award for Best Picture?
In a wide-ranging conversation on The Howard Stern Show earlier this week, Affleck recalled winning Best Picture at the Academy Awards in 2013 for his film Argo, which he directed and starred in.
Who is the most nominated actor of all time?
Actors with the most Oscar nominations and their wins 1929-2022. As of March 2022, Meryl Streep was the person with the most Oscar nominations of all time, with an impressive 21 nominations and three wins.
Who is the only Oscar presenter to ever open the envelope and read their own name as the winner?
host Will Rogers
1934: What’s in a Name? Oscar host Will Rogers employed a characteristically folksy approach to announcing the Academy Award winners—he read the winner’s name straight out. This approach backfired when it came time to honor that year’s best director.
What movie was accidentally awarded the Oscar in 2017?
They saw what happened and scrambled to document the unprecedented, unfolding mess-up. Here’s what they reported: Oscar got it wrong, wrong, soooo wrong. The presenters announced the wrong best picture; Moonlight was the winner, not La La Land.
What was nominated for Best Picture in 1990?
- Driving Miss Daisy. Richard D. Zanuck and Lili Fini Zanuck, Producers.
- Born on the Fourth of July. A.
- Dead Poets Society. Steven Haft, Paul Junger Witt and Tony Thomas, Producers.
- Field of Dreams. Lawrence Gordon and Charles Gordon, Producers.
- My Left Foot. Noel Pearson, Producer.
What movies were nominated for Best Picture in 1988?
- The Last Emperor. Jeremy Thomas, Producer.
- Broadcast News. James L. Brooks, Producer.
- Fatal Attraction. Stanley R. Jaffe and Sherry Lansing, Producers.
- Hope and Glory. John Boorman, Producer.
- Moonstruck. Patrick Palmer and Norman Jewison, Producers.
What movies were nominated for Best Picture in 1982?
- Chariots of Fire. David Puttnam, Producer.
- Atlantic City. Denis Heroux and John Kemeny, Producers.
- On Golden Pond. Bruce Gilbert, Producer.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark. Frank Marshall, Producer.
- Reds. Warren Beatty, Producer.
Who was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1981?
Dudley Moore (with his sole Oscar nomination in his career) as the drunk, spoiled, amiable and millionaire-rich playboy and title character Arthur Bach in Arthur (with four nominations and two wins)
What movies were up for best picture in 1980?
- Kramer vs. Kramer. Stanley R. Jaffe, Producer.
- All That Jazz. Robert Alan Aurthur, Producer.
- Apocalypse Now. Francis Coppola, Producer; Fred Roos, Gray Frederickson and Tom Sternberg, Co-Producers.
- Breaking Away. Peter Yates, Producer.
- Norma Rae. Tamara Asseyev and Alex Rose, Producers.