What is the career path for an auto mechanic?
In order to become a mechanic you can either gain formal training through mechanic school or an apprenticeship, or learn as you go! The world of automotive technology is ever-changing. Today, it is transforming into a more computerized industry than ever before.
What is the highest paying auto mechanic job?
High Paying Automotive Technician Jobs
- Automotive Master Technician. Salary range: $53,500-$77,000 per year.
- ASE Certified Technician. Salary range: $44,500-$69,000 per year.
- Master Mechanic.
- Car Tuner.
- Automotive Service Technician.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician.
- Maintenance Shop Technician.
- BMW Service Technician.
Is being an auto mechanic a good career?
Becoming an automotive technician is a good career option, especially if you are passionate about cars, love working with your hands, and wish to start earning as early as possible. Becoming a mechanic is also rewarding in terms of pay, as technicians can earn more than $65,000 annually.
What 3 types of careers exist in the automotive industry?
5 Types of Jobs in the Automotive Industry
- Tire / Lube Technician. Tire/ Lube Technicians (also known as general service technicians) touch the most vehicles in our busy shops.
- Automotive Technician / Master Mechanic.
- Service Manager.
- Sales Associate.
- Vehicle Inspector.
Are auto mechanics happy?
At CareerExplorer, we conduct an ongoing survey with millions of people and ask them how satisfied they are with their careers. As it turns out, auto repair technicians rate their career happiness 3.0 out of 5 stars which puts them in the bottom 31% of careers.
Is being a mechanic stressful?
Compared to an office job, mechanic careers are much more physically demanding. You spend much of your day on your feet or in uncomfortable positions when completing repairs. You also typically work routinely with tools and greasy car parts, which is uncomfortable, and often wearing on your hands and arms.
What are the disadvantages of being a mechanic?
Cons of being an auto mechanic
- Physical labor. Being a mechanic requires working with your hands and performing physical labor.
- Potential salary and benefits. The average salary for a full-time automotive mechanic is $54,221 per year .
- High responsibility.
- Lack of transferable skills.
What are the risks of being a mechanic?
What Is a Bad Thing About Being a Mechanic?
- Physical Strain. Many mechanics are around heavy equipment.
- Hearing Risks. Mechanics are sometimes exposed to loud sounds on a daily basis for extended lengths of time.
- Safety Concerns. Mechanics usually work in unsafe environments.
- Rude Customers.
- Asbestos Exposure.
What should I study if I like cars?
Types of Automotive Degrees
- Automobile/Automotive Engineering is entirely focused on the design, manufacturing, and operation of motorcycles, automobiles, and trucks.
- Mechanical Engineering will branch out into any mechanical system, making it the broadest degree available in the engineering field.
What are different positions in automotive industry?
Types of careers in the automotive industry
- Auto instructor.
- Car rental agent.
- Tire technician.
- Car detailer.
- Vehicle inspector.
- Auto body repair technician.
- Auto electrician.
- Auto mechanic.
Are mechanics poor?
Generally, mechanics make a decent living, earning a median annual salary of $36,600. But most are paid according to a “flat-rate” system, meaning that they only make money when there is actual work to be done.
Are mechanics happy?
The career experts at Myplan.com surveyed its job-seekers and master auto mechanics scored #104 out of 300 jobs. Of mechanics surveyed, the majority said they were very happy.
Why is being a mechanic so hard?
What is the #1 injury in an automotive shop?
1) Strains, Sprains, Tears This is the leading cause of injury for auto mechanics and technicians in the workplace. Overexertion injuries are related to pulling, lifting, pushing, holding, carrying and throwing.
How do I start a car career?
What Does It Take to Start a Career as an Auto Mechanic?
- Ensure You Have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Attend a Trade School Auto Mechanic Program That Teaches Essential Skills.
- Get an Entry Level Job That Provides Employer Training.
- Consider Getting Industry Certifications.
What majors to work with cars?
What Should I Major in to Become a?
- Alternative Fuel Vehicle Technology/Technician.
- Automobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician.
- Automotive Engineering Technology/Technician.
- High Performance and Custom Engine Technician/Mechanic.
- Medium/Heavy Vehicle and Truck Technology/Technician.
Is becoming a mechanic hard?
Even though it can be extremely tough, the physical labor of working as a mechanic can be very rewarding. Some people really enjoy being on their feet and working with their hands. If this is you, strap up and start wrenching. If not, make sure you strongly consider your path as a mechanic.
How to get a job as a car mechanic?
How to Get a Job as a Classic Car Restoration Mechanic. The primary qualifications for becoming a classic car restoration mechanic are training as an automotive technician or mechanic and extensive knowledge about vintage vehicles. It can be hard to get hands-on experience with these vehicles because they are relatively rare, so many classic
Is being a car mechanic a good job?
Running diagnostics and testing parts to identify the source of automotive mechanical problems
How do I become an auto mechanic?
Earn a High School Diploma. In some instances,a high school diploma or GED might be enough for you to obtain a job.
How to hire an auto mechanic?
Post a free six-month classified on our site.