How do I set up SMB scanning?
- • Click File->New->Folder.
- • Name the folder Scans.
- • Right click Scans and select properties.
- • Click on the Sharing tab.
- • Click Share.
- • In the File Sharing window, type Everyone and click Add.
- • Change the permission level to Read/Write.
- • Click Share.
How do I set up scan to computer on Konica Minolta?
- Load the original.
- Enter user information, and log in to this machine. For details on the login procedure, refer to Here.
- Tap [Scan/Fax].
- Select [Home].
- Configure Scan option settings as necessary.
- Press the Start key.
How do I scan to a folder in Windows 10 Konica Minolta?
Adding New Scan to Folder Locations Click Add. Click SMB then OK. In the Abbreviated name field enter the name that you want to appear on the Konica screen. In the Host Address field, enter the server name to which documents scanned to this folder should be sent.
Does scan email use SMB?
You can use Scan to SMB on Mac OS 10.6 or earlier (Mac OS 10.3 or later) because it supports SMB protocol.
How do I find the SMB path?
Locating the SMB folder manually
- Press [Change] under “Path”.
- Enter the path where the folder is located. For example: if the name of the destination computer is “User”, and the folder name is “Share”, the path will be \\User\Share.
- Press [OK]. If the format of the entered path is not correct, a message appears.
How do I scan directly into a folder?
- Load your document.
- Click the Scan tab.
- Click File.
- The Scan Settings dialog box appears. You can configure the scan settings in this dialog box. If you want to preview and configure the scanned image, check PreScan box.
- Click Scan. The image will be saved in the folder you have chosen.
What is SMB scanning?
Scanning documents using your Xerox multifunction device (MFD) to a server uses the Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB) protocol. There are several versions of the SMB protocol. The SMB protocol used for scanning is negotiated between your server and Xerox device.
What does scan to SMB mean?
The Server Message Block protocol (SMB protocol) is a client-server communication protocol used for sharing access to files, printers, serial ports and other resources on a network.
How do I access my SMB drive?
Connect to a SMB Share In the Server Address field, enter smb:// to define the network protocol for SMB, and then enter either the IP address or the hostname of the server. To add the server to your Favorite Servers list, click the ‘+’ button. Click Connect to connect to the share.
How do I access my SMB server?
Select Windows SMB server. Put your Windows machine’s IP address or local hostname into the URL field. Provide the Windows user account login and password. Name the storage and tap Done. After that, the connection with the computer will be established.
How do I setup a network scanner?
Install or add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth scanner
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners or use the following button. Open the Printers & scanners settings.
- Select Add a printer or scanner. Wait for it to find nearby scanners, then choose the one you want to use, and select Add device.
What port is used for SMB scanning?
As such, SMB requires network ports on a computer or server to enable communication to other systems. SMB uses either IP port 139 or 445.
What is SMB used for?
The Server Message Block protocol (SMB protocol) is a client-server communication protocol used for sharing access to files, printers, serial ports and other resources on a network. It can also carry transaction protocols for interprocess communication.
How do I enable SMB protocol in Windows 10?
Under Control Panel Home, select Turn Windows features on or off to open the Windows Features box. In the Windows Features box, scroll down the list, clear the check box for SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support and select OK. After Windows applies the change, on the confirmation page, select Restart now.
What is an SMB drive?
Stands for “Server Message Block.” SMB is a network protocol used by Windows-based computers that allows systems within the same network to share files. It allows computers connected to the same network or domain to access files from other local computers as easily as if they were on the computer’s local hard drive.
How to program the Konica/Minolta Bizhub?
Now let’s program the Konica/Minolta Bizhub. Login to the device using a web browser. Select Login as Administrator. Please note the default password on my unit is “ 12345678 “. 6. Now click on the Network Tab. 7. On the left side select SMB Setting, Client Setting.
How do I use the address book on the Konica/Minolta?
The address book on the Konica/Minolta is used like a directory and settings for scanning, emailing, faxing, etc. Select New Registration or edit an existing SMB registration by clicking Edit. In my case I am selecting New Registration. 10. I then select SMB and select OK. 11. Under the No. radio button I select Use opening number.
How do I send scan data to an SMB?
Create a shared folder “Scan-SMB” on the desktop of the Windows computer and send the scan data (PDF) with the Scan to SMB function from the machine. •Intended Environment
Can I use scan to SMB on a Mac OS?
You can use Scan to SMB on Mac OS 10.6 or earlier (Mac OS 10.3 or later) because it supports SMB protocol. Creating a shared folder on the Windows desktop Create a shared folder on the Windows computer.